June 06, 2018
Brentwood is getting a farmers market
June 6, 2018
Brentwood is getting its own farmers market.
The Brentwood Farmer’s Market is kicking off its first season on Thursday at the CityPark mixed use community at 278 Franklin Road.
The market will be open every Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. through August 30.
CityPark is located at the intersection of Franklin Road and Executive Center Drive. The market will be held on the green space in front of Mooreland Mansion.
It will be a “producer only” market, meaning all items sold must be grown or made by the merchant.
But there are a few exceptions: The Peach Truck, which sells Georgia-grown peaches and pecans, and Virgin Bay Seafood, which sells wild-caught Alaskan seafood, said Kristin Cales, marketing director for Boyle Investment Company.
The owners of both those businesses are Williamson County natives, Cales said.
Boyle is sponsoring the market. It will be managed by Kasi Haire, who also runs the Berry Farms and Nolensville farmer’s markets.
Farm merchants include:
- Conway Farms (lamb, sheep cheese)
- Magpie Farm (produce grown at Heritage Preservation Farm in Franklin)
- Running Hog Farm (pork)
- Spring Oak Farms (produce from upper Cumberland area)
- Wooded Hills Homestead (chicken, free range eggs)
- The Peach Truck (GA Peaches, pecans)
- Virgin Bay Seafood (wild-caught Alaskan seafood)
Other merchants include:
- And 3 Foods (healthy prepared meals)
- The Cake Project (cheesecakes)
- Fireflour Bakery (handmade bread, baguettes)
- Galena Garlic (seasoning blends, olive oils, balsamic)
- Knot Us Pretzels (homemade pretzels)
- Lokale Juice (bottled juice blends)
- Padrino’s Pops (popsicles)
- Southern Jerky Co (jerky, chicken and beef)
- Carol’s Vibrations (soap, lotions, etc.)
- Laurel Nash Jewelry (handmade jewelry)
- Natures Wonder Soap Shop (handmade, goat-milk soap and more)
- WhiteHouse Creations (hand painted signs)
- For vendor applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reach Elaina Sauber at email@example.com, 615-571-1172 or follow @ElainaSauber on Twitter.