August 10, 2015

THREE GENERATIONS OF VISION: A TIMELINE OF THE MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS IN THE BOYLE STORY FOR THE PAST 70 YEARS

– 1906 –
BELVEDERE BOULEVARD

Edward Boyle breaks ground on his vision for a neighborhood with enduring appeal in Mid-Town Memphis. Our cover features this development as it is today.

– 1933 –
BOYLE INVESTMENT
COMPANY FOUNDED

Three brothers, Bayard Boyle, Sr., Snowden Boyle and Charles Boyle, form Boyle Investment Company.

– 1947 –
PLEASANT ACRES

The Boyle brothers begin one of their first residential subdivisions in East Memphis.

– 1962 –
MADISON OFFICE BUILDING

The 160,000-square-foot Madison
Office Building is located at
1544 Madison Avenue

– 1963 –
SOUTH PERKINS
INDUSTRIAL PARK

Boyle begins development of this 2.2 million-square-foot industrial park on 600 acres at Raines & Mendenhall.

– 1963 –
WILLIAMSBURG VILLAGE
SHOPPING CENTER

Boyle develops one of its first retail complexes in East Memphis.

– 1966 –
RIVER OAKS

Construction begins on River Oaks, which becomes one of Boyle’s signature residential developments in Memphis.

– 1970 –
FARMINGTON

Construction begins on Farmington in Germantown, which becomes the largest mixed-use development in Shelby County.

– 1973 –
RIDGEWAY CENTER

One of the first office parks in East Memphis, which now includes more than 2 million square feet of space.

– 1983 –
GARDENS OF RIVER OAKS

Big wooded lots and gently curving streets create a distinctive charm for this second phase of River Oaks.

-1988 –
BLUE HERON

Boyle develops this prestigious neighborhood of generously sized lots in a lovely wooded setting in East Memphis.

– 1989 –
REGALIA

Boyle opens Regalia, knowing the time is right for an upscale, East Memphis
shopping center.

– 1991 –
EAGLECREST
U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS

Ground is broken for U.S. Postal Service Regional Headquarters at
Humphreys Center.

– 1993 –
HUMPHREYS CENTER

Boyle begins to concentrate on the development of medical office space at Humphreys Center.

– 1994 –
SOUTHWIND

Boyle begins development of two exclusive golf-course neighborhoods at Southwind, The Gardens at Southwind and Golf Walk.

– 1995 –
VILLAGE SHOPS OF
FOREST HILL

Boyle develops this large community center with regional draw serving the growing areas of Germantown and Collierville.

– 1995 –
PRESTON SHEPARD PLACE
PLANO, TEXAS

Boyle develops a 364,000-square-foot power center serving an upscale consumer trade area at one of the most dynamic intersections in the Metro-Dallas area.

– 1996 –
SCHILLING FARMS

Boyle begins development of a 443-acre mixed-use community in the Town of Collierville. The community is the new home for Helena Chemical Company’s Headquarters.

– 1997 –
THOMAS & BETTS
HEADQUARTERS

Boyle works directly with Thomas & Betts to create a worldwide headquarters
facility at Southwind.

– 1998 –
6305 HUMPHREYS

Boyle develops a "Class A" office building and two years later begins work on an identical building at 6325 Humphreys.

– 2000 –
MORGAN KEEGAN BUILDING

Boyle’s most recent development at Ridgeway Center is the 150,000-square-foot Morgan Keegan building.

– 2001 –
GALLINA CENTRO

Boyle develops this premier community center at the common border between Germantown and Collierville.

– 2002 –
BAPTIST MEMORIAL HEALTH
CARE CORPORATION
HEADQUARTERS

Boyle develops this 200,000-square-foot headquarters facility, which houses 500 employees at Humphreys Center.